1 big 1 small

Monday, October 03, 2005

An encounter with the ambiguous kind

Okay, so there i was strolling to school in the company of the rather pretty si hui or fbt shorts... by the by.. let me tok abit abt sihui... sihui is someone that i know not too long ago.. mebbe say a yr at most. she has small eyes that go smaller still when she smile. fbt shorts is a nickname i gave her. She is realli into fbt shorts, and its those damn short kind. cuz apparently, according to an unknown source, she has nice legs. I dunnoe abt the legs part, but one thing i do know is that Miss Han Sihui is extremely generous wif her shampoo.. for whenever i walked past her after thse bathe, i will be strangled by the scent of her shampoo till blood will squirt out of the veins of my already popping out eyes.

So anyway, like i was saying, i was walking to school wif shampoo lady... den when we were at near heritage centre, this neatly dressed china man in his mid thirties approached me, why me, perhaps he was intoxicated by sihui's hair smell. He came to me and very politely asked me the directions to a place in very heavily accented chinese. he asked me where is NANYANG WAI(1) LI(3).... rite... so clearly i dunnoe where on earth tt is, so i asked him for more details.. so he said it is near the heritage centre which is to our rite, den he said it is near the yunnan garden which is to our left, so naturally being a very good engineering student, i will interpolate his desired direction to the centre, which is where we were standing, which is the shuttle bus terminal... and also, i did not manage to catch wat he said, so i asked again... ermm yao qu na li.... den he went... NANYANG WAI (1) LI(3)... okay man.. no mistake this time round.... he really say nanyang wai li... there is no such place lor... so in order to help him best i could, i try to peer into his address book to get a better look, and wat i saw shock me beyond my darkest nitemare.... inside was a full paged of very jumbled up chinese character written in fan ti style... goodness gracious great balls of fire.... fan ti chinese to me is like erm.... zimbabwean to me.... i realise i cant help this guy at all... den he seem to understand tt i need more info, so he said... nanyang wai li 7 hao.... den he tell me its number 7... like it help.. so i apologize and we walked on...
me: did u hear wat he was saying??
sihui: no.... sounds like erm.....
me: nanyang wai li??
sihui: yes yes yes.....
so i did not hear wrongly.. he is going to this place call the NANyang crooked reason(direct translation). Sihui was super amused.... for she think my translation is damn rite and she feels the nanyang crooked reason number 7 is hilarious still.... While i do find it farnie, i am aware that i muz not be laffing at him while he is still within earshot range.... but miss han.... she burst out laffing like a hyena and worse still she uses her hand to make the 7 signs... man! he so know we are laffing at him....
i hope he finds the place where he wants to go.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home